Thursday, April 9, 2009

Unable to deal & an amazing deal

Ok so basically I am 99.9% of the time on top of things..I am on Easter Break therefore I worked all day long..instead of focusing on my 24 1st & 2nd graders I kept thinking about the fact that I hadn't posted the pictures..I just couldn't deal with it! So..I got home from work..at dinner with my darling Adam and started snapping photos to upload! Plus I had other good news to share :)

Here it goes..Ok so this is the kitchen cart we got that matched the cabinet it had the same design on it and TRUST I am painting it soon too:



Yes..hideous I know! Therefore I sanded, primed, and painted the cabinet (as I mentioned earlier..forgot the before pic but you get the idea from the kitchen cart) yuck! Here is the cabinet after:



And again..



It definitely does not look as adorable in the pictures but it is..It has doors that go on the front that I have yet to finish! I need to buy new knobs..and I also bought fabric that I plan to cover the inside of the doors! It looks like this:






It is coming along..and way better than those horrible apples with brown leaves or whatever it was!!


I mentioned earlier I had more good news to share so here it goes: On my break today I thought I would take a trip to the local thrift shop in search of some goodies. I have been looking for a cake topper for awhile and refused to pay a lot for one considering my mom probably has some that she actually uses for cakes that if it came down to it..I could just take one! I stopped in to the thrift store though and found a mini one - the brown knob on top has got to go but I will paint it creme or off white and it will match the antique looking plate I found to go with it that is also that off white color. It needs a touch up paint job as well..but I can definitely handle that considering it cost me 50 cents for BOTH items!


Here they are:

Such a good buy! I told you I was going to start being thrifty with my decor and I did it! 50 cents is BEYOND thifty! Being honest though..I also stopped in to my one of my favorite stores in this wonderful town strictly looking for some moss that I figured they would just give me! Well indeed..they gave me a bag of decorative moss for free but..I bought..other..things too :( I left out the picture of those goodies cause you would be ashamed I threw the previous thriftiness right out the window! I'm trying though..(I needed those things though cause I was down about the house situation ;) hehe
Much Love,
LaDonna

No comments:

Post a Comment